Friday 6 March 2015

Rear Derailleur Problem on the Brompton

This lunch time I got the tyre pressures up to recommended 100lb/ins and that was great and then realised the rear derailleur wasn't working meaning I have 3 gears as opposed to 6.  Rear derailleurs do have adjusters and you can re-tension at the lever end but still no go.

This is the first 'mechanical' I haven't been able to fix myself. I'm taking it to C & N Cycles in Redhill tomorrow. They are Brompton dealers so should be able to sort things. Not all bike shops really know the Brompton mechanicals too well so fingers crossed.

I'll have to sign up to a C+G bike mechanics course before I do any long treks. Still had this happened in any lonely location I would still be mobile just restricted in gear choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment